Thursday, July 13, 2006

Create Your Personal Success Equation!

Copyright © 2006 Kent Jacobson a.k.a. Mr. Success
Shortcut 2 Success
http://www.Shortcut2Success.com



Do you have any idea how to measure your success? I really had
not thought much about how to measure my success until I was
asked the same question. Some of my initial responses were;
money, power, paying off debts, raising children and so on. All
of these are factors in what I refer to as a success equation.

Ok, what is a success equation going to do for me? My answer,
to help keep you focused on the big success picture. To help you
answer and save you a little time, I need you to think about your
success factors (words, phrases or number's) that will
ultimately contribute to equation. Begin to formulate these
factors into a basic equation. Document your success equation so
you can refine it and refer to it frequently. I like to carry
mine around with me, because sometimes I need to refer back to
some of my factors and what they truly really mean to me.
Everyone's success equation will be different and your ultimate
success is dependent upon your personal or professional situation
and how well you assimilate your critical factors.

For this discussion, I will share with you my personal success
equation and how I developed it. By the time you finish reading
this article, I want you to create you own success equation,
believe in the factors you document and implement actions to be
successful.

My success equation (Success=F+F+F+O+P) involves five equal
factors.

* Faith - Believe in a higher presence

* Family - There is no greater priority

* Failure - Do not be afraid of failure, learn and grow from it

* Optimism - Maintain a positive outlook

* Perseverance - Relentlessly pursue your dreams and goals and
recognize opportunities

The first step in developing your equation is listing key factors
(words and phrases) that are important to you. Initially, put
down all your thoughts, then review and eliminate the less
critical ones until you have five to seven factors. To many or to
few may lead to conflicting decisions or priorities. This is why
I recommend you initially omit money from your equation, your
choice.

The second step is to review your factors during the next few
weeks as you interact with family, friends, business associates
etc. Document and carry with you your success equations during
this time fame. As you progress through your normal routine,
allow yourself time to reflect on the factors you have
identified. Ask yourself, are my decisions and actions are
consistent with these factors? Do I need to change my behavior or
maybe a factor? Keep notes; do not be quick to change anything
until at least a week has passed. This is your development and
learning period; there is no need to rush this step.

Third and final step is to critically review your success
equation. Look back through the notes and experiences from the
second step. Refine your success equation, document the final
result and carry it with you. That's it your on the way!

I close this article with one my favorite quotes from Pope John
Paul II, he said, "The future starts today, not tomorrow."




---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kent Jacobson, a.k.a. "Mr. Success" is a trusted authority in the
success field and provides valuable success information for free
through his website at: http://www.Shortcut2Success.com . You can
also read Kent's Success Blog to find more success secrets at:
http://www.Shortcut2Success.com/blog

No comments: